You must have an electronic device that is compatible with Zoom. (iPhone, Android, tablets, laptops, and home computers with video capability should be compatible). Run a test via the Zoom platformopen_in_new. If you are having issues, consult the Zoom Help Centeropen_in_new.
This webpage will guide you through how to prepare and what to expect at your online hearing.
Changes to Municipal Court operations due to Covid-19
In an effort to reduce the risks to public health, Austin Municipal Court is closed to the public. We expect to reopen on November 30th, however, this date will be subject to any subsequent Order that may be in place. Cases will be rescheduled after November 30th; individuals will be notified by mail of their new court date. Class C warrants will be suspended.
All due dates will be extended until January 4th:
- Initial appearance dates (as indicated on citation)
- Payment dates (payment plans, extensions, etc…)
- Deferral dates (driving safety course, other deferrals)
- Community service
Things you can do in a virtual hearing:
- Request extensions, payment plans, community service, jail credit or other relief due to hardships. Get help with financial forms.
- Provide proof of compliance such as insurance coverage, driver’s license, registration and completion of court ordered classes.
- Request a trial by a judge or jury when the court reopens.
- Discuss plea bargains and deferrals with a prosecutor.
Hearings for parking tickets are different than appearance dockets.