Breast milk is a baby’s best first food. Mothers can get advice and hands-on support for breastfeeding at Mom’s Place.
Some of the most common topics we help with are:
- Why breastfeeding matters
- Helping a baby latch to the breast
- Milk supply and how much milk a baby takes at the breast
- Breastfeeding premature infants
- Breastfeeding while working or attending school
- How partners and grandparents can support breastfeeding mothers
We also provide services such as:
- Weight checks for breastfed infants
- Breast pumps for mothers whose babies are hospitalized
- Training for healthcare providers
We are grant-funded through the Texas Department of State Health Services. We partner with non-profits including Community Care Health Centers, People’s Community Clinic, and Texas Mother Friendly.