Find free condoms and learn other ways to prevent HIV
Find free condoms in locations across Austin, and learn ways to prevent HIV infection.
Use our free condom map to find locations in the Austin area giving them away. Locations include:
- Neighborhood centers,
- Barber shops,
- Liquor stores and bars,
- And other easily accessible local establishments.
Review steps you can take to prevent HIV.
- Always use latex condoms with your partner, especially if you do not know your partner’s HIV status.
- Don’t have sex. Abstinence is the only sure way to avoid contracting HIV.
- If you and your partner are both HIV negative, being faithful in your relationship removes your risk for HIV infection.
- Don’t share needles and syringes. Needles and syringes can expose you to HIV.
- Speak to a doctor about a prescription for Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP). PrEP is taken daily to lower chances of HIV infection.