Set out your leaves, grass, and branches for pickup
Learn how and when to get rid of your yard trimmings, such as leaves, grass clippings, and small branches using the curbside pickup service. Find out the do’s and don’ts of yard trimming collection.
Put your grass clippings, dead leaves, small branches, and other yard trimmings in lawn and leaf bags. If you have a green cart, place them there.
If branches don’t fit in your cart or bags, bundle them and place them next to your cart. Branches should be shorter than 5 feet long and less than 3 inches in diameter.
Look up your collection day with My Collection Schedule tool below.
Set out your yard trimmings by 6:30 am on your collection day. Make sure they are 5 feet apart from carts, cars, and mailboxes.
Check the "What do I do with" tool below to find out what items are accepted.
Type your street address in the box below
Your grass clippings, dead leaves, small branches and other yard trimmings are collected and then turned into mulch. Mulch is great for helping your soil retain moisture and you can pick up free mulch at the ReUse Store.
Yard trimmings do’s and don'ts
- Do remove all rocks and dirt from your yard trimmings.
- Do wrap thorns in newspaper or cardboard and label them “thorns” to protect the City staff picking them up.
- Don’t put large brush items, such as tree stumps and large branches, with your yard trimmings. These are considered bulk items.
- Don’t include sawdust, lumber, and animal waste.
- Don’t put plastic bags or extra trash in your yard trimmings pick up. It will not be collected.