Use this tool to find out what items are accepted. Residents can drop off up to 30-gallons of hazardous waste for free each year.
Review the household hazardous waste do's and don’ts below.
Drop off your items at the Recycle and ReUse Center at 2514 Business Center Drive, Austin, TX 78744.
Household hazardous waste do’s and don’ts
- Don't throw household hazardous waste in the trash or pour it down the drain. Doing so is dangerous and harmful to the environment.
- Do bring products in their original containers.
- If the original container is larger than 5-gallons, please call the Recycle and ReUse Center at 512-974-4343 to find out how to get your products ready for drop off.
- Do put small containers upright in sturdy boxes.
- If you are dealing with a leaky container, pour cat litter into a larger container and place the leaking container inside the larger. The litter will absorb the spill.
- Don't mix items.
- Do arrive early. Large truck or trailer loads will not be accepted after 4:45 pm.
- Businesses are not eligible to drop off hazardous waste. For information about how businesses can dispose of hazardous waste, call (512) 974-4336.
Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center
|Day||Open - Close Hours|
|Friday||9 am–5 pm|
|Monday||9 am–5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am–5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am–5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am–5 pm|