Use this tool to find out what items are accepted. Residents can drop off up to 30-gallons of hazardous waste for free each year.
Review the household hazardous waste do's and don’ts below.
Drop off your items at the Recycle and ReUse Center.
Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center
2514 Business Center Drive, Austin, TX 78744arrow_forward
Household hazardous waste do’s and don’ts
- Don't throw household hazardous waste in the trash or pour it down the drain. Doing so is dangerous and harmful to the environment.
- Do bring products in their original containers.
- If the original container is larger than 5-gallons, please call the Recycle and ReUse Center at 512-974-4343 to find out how to get your products ready for drop off.
- Do put small containers upright in sturdy boxes.
- If you are dealing with a leaky container, pour cat litter into a larger container and place the leaking container inside the larger. The litter will absorb the spill.
- Don't mix items.
- Do arrive early. Large truck or trailer loads will not be accepted after 4:45 pm.
- Businesses are not eligible to drop off hazardous waste. For information about how businesses can dispose of hazardous waste, call (512) 974-4336.