Drop off household hazardous waste and other recyclables
Austin and Travis County residents can drop off hazardous waste and other recyclables at the Recycle and ReUse Center. Some items are free to drop off and some items, like tires, require a fee.
Check the “What do I do with” tool to find out what items are accepted. Some items are free to drop off and some items, like tires, require a fee.
Review the household hazardous waste do's and don’ts below.
Drop off your items at the Recycle and ReUse Center at 2514 Business Center Drive, Austin, TX 78744.
Check the "What do I do with" tool below to find out what items are accepted.
Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center
|Day||Open - Close Hours|
Household hazardous waste do’s and don’ts
- Throwing household hazardous waste in the trash or pouring it down the drain is dangerous and harmful to the environment. Austin and Travis County residents can drop off up to 30-gallons of hazardous waste for free each year.
- Bring products in their original containers. If the original container is larger than 5-gallons, please call the Recycle and ReUse Center at 512-974-4343 to find out how to get your products ready for drop off.
- Put small containers upright in sturdy boxes. If a container is leaking, pour cat litter into a larger container and put the leaking container inside the larger. The litter will absorb the spill.
- Do not mix items. Large truck or trailer loads will not be accepted after 4:45 pm.
- Businesses are not eligible to drop off hazardous waste. For information about how businesses can dispose of hazardous waste, call (512) 974-4336.