Resources for defendants

If you have a case before the Austin Municipal Court, below are resources you can use in representing yourself, getting an attorney or getting other social services that will help you resolve your case.

Representing yourself in court (Pro Se)

Below are several sources of information for persons who do not have a lawyer. The information is not legal advice and does not take the place of talking to a lawyer.

Texas Law Helpopen_in_new

Law libraries often have volunteer attorneys that will answer questions and help fill out forms. Contact the library for hours and details.

Travis County Law Libraryopen_in_new

Texas State Law Libraryopen_in_new

Hayes County Law Libraryopen_in_new

Finding a lawyer

A lawyer can help you understand your rights and options. Below are resources that can refer you to a lawyer based on your situation.

State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral and Information Serviceopen_in_new

Austin Bar Associationopen_in_new

Getting other social services

These are organizations that we partner with for classes and case management. They also offer services to the public regarding mental health, substance abuse, and family services.

The Arc of the Capital Areaopen_in_new

Integral Careopen_in_new

Nami of Austinopen_in_new

Offered by


Did you find what you were looking for on this page?